Phoenix Doctor Malpractice Lawyers
Doctor Malpractice Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
Were You or a Loved One Injured by Doctor Malpractice in Phoenix?
Have you or a family member suffered medical malpractice because of a doctor’s negligence? A successful lawsuit can compensate you for your financial losses and the pain and suffering you experience.
Arizona medical malpractice regulations are wordy, and insurance companies and their lawyers will do anything to avoid paying. However, our expert Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers can assist you. We handle all legal difficulties and negotiations to get you the compensation you deserve.
Our Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers have the resources to protect your rights and offer you legal help throughout the entire lawsuit. The journey to compensation can be a challenge, but our experienced team will walk with you. Learn more below.
What is Considered Doctor Malpractice Under Arizona Law?
Under Arizona law, medical malpractice happens when a medical professional deviates from the established standard of care in the field. Medical malpractice is a category of tort that deals with doctor negligence.
In tort law, the most common criterion is “negligence,” defined as conduct that falls short of a professional standard in specific professions.
Medical malpractice In Phoenix, Arizona, includes:
- Negligence: It may be difficult to prove a breach of duty or doctor error when many health providers provide patient care. Or more medical practitioners treated the patient, and there was more cause of injury. Only a knowledgeable medical malpractice law firm can address the complex concerns of physician malpractice.
- Standard of Care: In Arizona law, the standard of care means what a reasonably prudent doctor or healthcare professional would have done in similar circumstances. Each medical specialty has its own set of care standards. Thus, the standard of care for a specific issue may be what a reasonably competent neurologist would have done in similar circumstances. Some standards of care cut across many medical disciplines rather than being particular to one.
- Fraud or Cover-ups; Doctors and hospitals often benefit from unnecessary medical treatments because insurers compensate hospitals for more extended stays and pointless surgical operations on patients.
What Can I Do If I Think My Phoenix Doctor Was Negligent?
If you think your doctor in Phoenix has been negligent, contact us now to schedule a free consultation appointment. One of our experienced Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers will go through your file and discuss your potential case.
In a medical malpractice case, medical records, bills, insurance, Medicare/Medicaid communication, and photos of the injured individual before and after the incident are all necessary documents. If you cannot get the papers on your own, our Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers can assist you.
Can You Sue a Doctor for Malpractice in Phoenix?
Yes, in Phoenix, you can sue a doctor for malpractice. But, the statute of limitations for medical malpractice in Arizona is unusual and relatively narrow. If the negligence occurred two years ago, you cannot take such a case to court.
The countdown begins when the malpractice happened or when you discovered it. When a medical error happens as part of continuous treatment or during treatment, the clock ticks from the last day of treatment. Because of the precise, severe time constraints for filing a claim, speak with Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers specializing in medical malpractice claims and file a lawsuit against the doctor error before the deadline
How Do I Sue a Doctor for Malpractice in Phoenix?
In Arizona, there is a distinctive procedural rule that mandates plaintiffs in a medical malpractice lawsuit to submit a preliminary expert opinion, accompanying their complaint. This opinion must outline the factual foundation for each claim against the healthcare professional, including any acts, errors, or omissions that the expert believes contravene the medical standard of care. This requirement aims to mitigate the number of unfounded claims, ultimately helping to control medical malpractice insurance premiums.
Can You Sue a Phoenix Doctor Who Doesn’t Have Malpractice Insurance?
You can sue a doctor who doesn’t have malpractice insurance but expect a lengthy legal process. Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers help you through legal and medical obstacles to compensation and justice. Get the experienced guidance you need to understand medical malpractice laws and your rights in this complex area of law.
Can You Get Compensation for Doctor Negligence in Phoenix Without Filing a Lawsuit?
Yes, you can get compensation for doctor negligence in Phoenix without filing a lawsuit. But you may still need to hire Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers for various processes. An alternative resolution, such as a demand letter and settling down in settlement negotiations, can help you with a lawsuit.
Mediation is another option you can use to address the issue without entangling the hospital and doctor in a lengthy legal battle. You may also seek a binding agreement that requires the other party to provide the settlement negotiated and agreed upon by the two parties.
What Compensation Can You Receive for Doctor Malpractice Claims in Phoenix?
Under Arizona law, medical malpractice cases have no cap on damages. This means that plaintiffs in these cases have the opportunity to receive the total compensation they deserve.
If you win your medical malpractice claim in Arizona, you may be eligible to receive compensation for various types of damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of past and future medical treatments, surgeries, medications, therapy, rehabilitation, and any other related healthcare expenses resulting from the malpractice.
- Lost wages or lost earning potential: If the injury caused you to miss work or affects your ability to work in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you have lost and potential future earnings that have been impacted.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation may be awarded for the physical pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life caused by the malpractice. The severity and duration of your pain and suffering, as well as the impact on your daily life, will be considered.
- Loss of consortium: If the malpractice has affected your relationships with your spouse or family members, you may be awarded compensation for the loss of companionship, support, or intimacy.
It’s important to note that these are general categories of damages, and the specific amount of compensation awarded will depend on the unique circumstances of your case. Consulting with a medical malpractice attorney who is familiar with Arizona law will help you understand your rights, evaluate the strength of your case, and determine the potential compensation you may be entitled to.
Phoenix Attorneys Specializing in Physician Malpractice Litigation
We understand the emotional, physical and financial pain and loss medical malpractice can cause you. But two years is not a long time to wait to bring a lawsuit. Especially if you are recovering from a terrible experience or have only recently learned that you suffered complications after your medical visit.
Medical malpractice claims are complex and often include a prolonged process of acquiring medical records, creating expert reports, deposing the other party’s parties and witnesses, and preparing for resolution – whether settlement or trial.
Experienced Phoenix doctor malpractice lawyers help you understand medical malpractice laws and your rights in this complex area of law. Contact us to learn more about the Arizona statute of limitations, your case, and your best choices for resolution.
We work on a contingency basis for you, which means you pay no upfront costs or fees. Instead, you only pay us if we obtain a settlement or award on your behalf. We can assist you in suing a doctor who does not have malpractice insurance. A member of our law firm is waiting to take your call so you can make an informed choice about your case. Contact us now.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERT
HAVE QUESTIONS? NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE A CASE? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Don’t Wait! Contact Us Today to Get the Help You Deserve From One of the Best Medical Malpractice Law Firms in Arizona.
We represent clients from all across Arizona. If you or a loved one has been injured by medical negligence of a healthcare provider or facility, contact us now for a free consultation. Our personal injury attorneys will review the details of your case, make sure you understand your legal rights, and discuss the possibilities of a lawsuit. Call us at the number below or complete the form and a member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible. All consultations are strictly confidential.