Texas Surgical Error Attorneys
Top Rated Surgical Errors Lawyers in Texas
Were You or a Loved One the Victim of a Surgical Error in Texas?
Surgical errors are a serious issue that can occur during surgery, even when the surgeon and the entire medical team are highly skilled and well-trained. Despite the rigorous training and procedures in place to prevent errors, mistakes can still happen, leading to potentially life-threatening complications for patients.
An operating room is a complex environment with many variables that can impact the outcome of a surgery. Surgical errors can occur due to a variety of factors, such as miscommunication between members of the medical team, faulty equipment, or incorrect dosages of medication.
Even seemingly minor errors can have devastating consequences. In some cases, these mistakes can even result in permanent disability or death.
If you or your loved one was the victim of a surgical error, you need an experienced surgical error attorney in Texas for your medical malpractice case. They will help you fight for your rights and obtain fair compensation.
What is Considered a Surgical Error Under Texas Law?
A surgical error is a deviation from the accepted standard of care. However, not all mistakes are considered medical malpractice. Medical malpractice refers to the negligence of a medical professional in the course of treatment that causes serious harm to the patient.
To prove medical malpractice, you must show that the surgeon made a preventable error or acted negligently. Negligence means that the surgeon performed in a way that another reasonable surgeon would not have. To prove negligence, your attorney will start reviewing medical records, including the surgical procedure’s details, the surgeon’s actions, and the patient’s response to treatment.
What are The Most Common Surgical Mistakes in Texas?
Surgical mistakes are a serious concern for patients undergoing surgery in Texas. Even with the best medical care, mistakes can happen during a surgical procedure. While many different types of surgical errors can occur, some are more common than others.
The most common surgical errors in Texas are:
- Wrong-site surgery: Surgeons operate on the wrong body part or the wrong side of the body. This happens when the surgical site is not properly marked or there is miscommunication between the doctors and other medical professionals performing surgery.
- Leaving foreign objects in the patient’s body: Unfortunately, medical professionals have left surgical tools inside patients. This can lead to infections, pain, and further surgery to remove the surgical instruments.
- Performing the wrong procedure: Surgeons perform the wrong surgery on the patient. This unnecessary surgery can leave the injured patient needing additional surgeries.
- Operating on the wrong patient: This occurs when surgeons perform surgery on the wrong patient.
- Anesthesia errors: These medical errors include administering the wrong dosage, using defective medical equipment, or failing to monitor the patient’s vital signs during surgery.
- Delayed or Prolonged Surgery: Surgery either postponed due to scheduling issues, lack of resources, or extended due to complications or inexperience, leading to worsened patient outcomes and increased risks of infection and recovery issues.
What Medical Procedures Lead to the Most Errors During Surgery in Texas?
Certain medical procedures are more likely to lead to surgical errors. Some of the procedures that lead to the most mistakes during surgery in Texas include the following:
- Brain surgery: This is a delicate procedure that requires precision and expertise. Any error during this procedure can cause severe brain damage, paralysis, or even death.
- Spinal surgery: Spinal surgery is also a risky procedure that requires precision and expertise. Any error during this procedure can cause paralysis or nerve damage.
- Laparoscopic surgery: Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that uses small incisions to perform surgical procedures. While this type of surgery is generally safe, errors can still occur during the procedure.
- Orthopedic surgery: This type of surgery is used to treat conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, including bones, joints, muscles, and ligaments. It is a complex procedure that requires a high level of skill and precision to perform successfully. Any medical error during this procedure can result in severe complications for the surgery patients.
Can You Sue For Surgery Complications in Texas?
Surgery complications are different from surgical malpractice. Not all surgery complications are the result of malpractice. However, if a medical provider’s negligence caused the surgery complication, you may be able to sue a surgeon for surgery errors. In Texas, the statute of limitations for a medical malpractice claim is two years from the date of the injury. There are some exceptions to this rule, and it is best to speak to a surgical error attorney to determine the statute of limitations for your case.
What Should You Do if You Think a Texas Surgeon’s Error Caused You Injury?
If you believe that a Texas surgeon’s error caused your injury, it is important to take immediate action. Here are the steps you should follow:
The first thing you should do is document everything. Take detailed notes of the date, time, and details of the incident.
Seek Medical Treatment
If possible, seek independent medical treatment to confirm the injury and receive proper medical attention.
Contact a Surgical Error Attorney
One of the most critical pieces is to contact a medical malpractice attorney immediately. The attorney will investigate your case, gather evidence, and help you file a surgical error lawsuit against the responsible party. A skilled attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
You Need a Texas Law Firm that Specializes in Surgical Errors
Medical malpractice claims are difficult in Texas, and you need an experienced surgical error lawyer to help you fight for your rights. Our team of Texas attorneys focus on medical errors and medical malpractice. We have a track record of success in representing victims of surgical mistakes and obtaining multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. Our attorneys will travel to you anywhere in Texas and provide personalized representation and guidance through every step.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Surgical Error Lawyer In Texas?
Hiring a surgical error lawyer in Texas costs nothing upfront. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only get paid if we win your case. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing. This means anyone can afford to hire an experienced surgical error lawyer in Texas to fight for their rights.
What Compensation Can You Recover for a Surgical Mistake in Texas?
If you or your loved one has suffered an injury due to a surgeon’s error in Texas, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your damages. Compensation may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages for your sustained injuries. However, Texas law imposes caps on the compensation that victims can recover in medical malpractice cases. The caps are $250,000 for non-economic damages and $500,000 for damages against multiple defendants.
It’s important to note that all surgical error lawsuits are different, and settlements will vary based on the specific circumstances of each case. Our team of experienced surgical error lawyers will fight to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your damages.
Contact Our No Win No Fee Texas Surgical Mistake Attorneys Today!
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a surgical error in Texas, it’s important to contact our law firm for a free consultation immediately. Our experienced Houston based surgery mistake attorneys and legal team will review your case, answer your questions, and provide guidance on your legal options. We operate on a no-win, no-fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing unless we win your case. Don’t wait. Contact us today to get started on your path to justice and pursue compensation.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERT
HAVE QUESTIONS? NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE A CASE? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Don’t Wait! Contact Us Today to Get the Help You Deserve From One of the Best Medical Malpractice Law Firms in Texas.
We represent clients from all across Texas. If you or a loved one has been injured by medical negligence of a healthcare provider or facility, contact us now for a free consultation. Our personal injury attorneys will review the details of your case, make sure you understand your legal rights, and discuss the possibilities of a lawsuit. Call us at the number below or complete the form and a member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible. All consultations are strictly confidential.