On behalf of Hastings Law Firm P.C. posted in Hospital Negligence on Monday, April 11, 2016.

Whenever injections are administered in hospitals in Texas and elsewhere, patients may have some concern about the sterility of the process. When proper sterile techniques are not implemented, patients are at risk of being contaminated with blood-borne diseases. Six legal claims were recently filed against a pain management facility and its owner in another state, alleging hospital negligence.

Court documents show that the plaintiffs all received treatment at the facility between 2010 and 2013. All contend that they were Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C negative prior to treatment at the pain management facility. According to the lawsuit, the defendant used an epidurogram to perform an epidural on a female patient on Oct. 22, 2013. On the very next day, the patient was diagnosed with, and treated for, bacterial meningitis at a different medical facility.

After this incident and a subsequent investigation by the Division of Infection Disease Epidemiology, the plaintiffs were concerned and had themselves tested for blood-borne diseases. They tested positive for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, and this gave rise to the lawsuit. The plaintiffs allege the defendant techniques practiced while performing epidurals were not sterile.

Hospital negligence can have multiple consequences, all leading to unanticipated medical expenses. Victims of such negligence in Texas may pursue financial relief by filing medical malpractice lawsuits in a civil court. Navigating such a claim may be best handled by an experienced medical malpractice attorney as this is a complicated area of the law. Obtaining the necessary evidence to establish negligence may be easier accomplished by an experienced lawyer who can provide support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.

Source: wvrecord.com, “Northern Panhandle doctor, clinic hit with six hepatitis lawsuits”, Kyla Asbury, April 7, 2016

Hospital Negligence In Icu Leads To $20 Million Settlement
Medical Malpractice: Man Dies After 3-Hour Wait In Emergency Room